### Code of Conduct
The following rules and guidelines apply to anyone who attends edindies or
GameDevEd or joins our Discord server.
This is a living document. Like the community itself, it is open to changes. It
is an attempt to lay down some basic principles that we can all agree upon, so
that people know their rights and responsibilities.
#### Together, we strive to:
- Have a broad definition of what a game is, who a gamer or player is, and most
of all who a developer or creator of games is. All sorts deserve to be treated
- Be friendly and welcoming to everyone, regardless of their race, ethnicity,
culture, religion, national origin, colour, immigration status, social and
economic class, education level, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, age, size, family status, and mental and physical ability, among
- Be aware of social issues and how they affect our interpersonal
relationships, and take action to correct for any biases we may have and
injustices that others face.
- Encourage those with less experience than ourselves with particular tools,
rather than scaring them away. Everyone deserves to reach their full game dev
- Be empathetic when our experiences and perspectives differ. Aim to resolve
disagreements and differing views constructively.
- Take care with what we say and do, and make amends when we hurt others.
- In short, dinnae be a dick.
#### We will not:
- Use violence or threats of violence to resolve conflict.
- Use sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise
discriminatory insults, jokes or other language.
- Photograph or record anyone at an event without their consent.
- Make inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before
- Engage in unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or
jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Intimidate or stalk.
Every member of the community is a potential representative of the community,
and should try to follow these principles in all their public interactions,
online or offline.
People who do not act in accordance with these principles will be asked to not
attend our meetups, and will be removed from the Discord.
If you experience or witness unacceptable behaviour, or have any other
concerns, please get in touch with any of our community moderators:
- Rachel ([Twitter](http://twitter.com/nershly) | rachelnertia at gmail dot com)
- John ([Twitter](http://twitter.com/Norgg) | edindies at norgg dot org)
- Robbie ([Twitter](http://twitter.com/RaoDaoZao) | gamedeved at outlook dot com)
All reports will be handled with discretion.
Thanks for making it all the way to the end of this, the Edinburgh Game Dev
Code of Conduct. You're good!